Get your daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news.
Crypto News Overview
- Legal news: Bankrupt crypto lender Celsius is suing liquid staking platform StakeHound over $150 million worth of Ethereum, Polygon, Polkadot, and other tokens.
- Regulation news: The US Senate Committee on Finance is asking the cryptocurrency industry for help to better understand Congress’s approach to tax challenges and opportunities presented by digital assets.
- CBDC news: The Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation passed the digital ruble bill in the third reading; the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is targeting 1 million transactions a day through CBDC by the end of this year.
- Stablecoin news: RBI Deputy Governor T Rabi Sankar believes stablecoins are an “existential threat to policy sovereignty”; Alluvial, the software company supporting the liquid staking protocol Liquid Collective, closed a Series A round.
- NFT news: Convenience store giant 7-Eleven launched free Slurpee non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on Polygon to celebrate its 96th anniversary.